NORTH LEDBURY HUNT
The North Ledbury Hunt country lies north of Ledbury and Malvern on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire; it is about 10 miles north to south by 8 miles east to west. Adjoining hunts; to the west the North Herefordshire; to the north the Clifton-on-Teme; to the east the Croome and West Warwickshire; to the south the Ledbury.
The Hunt was started in 1905 with country (rather larger than now) and hounds lent by Mr Carneby Forster, Master of the Ledbury. Mr J.F. Twinberrow built kennels at the White House, Suckley and during his second Mastership, from 1912 until his death in 1931, practically hunted the country at his own expense. Mrs JF Twinberrow continued the Mastership with other Masters until 1940 when due to the outbreak of the second world war the Hunt was dormant.
Hunting resumed in 1948 as the private pack of Lady Waechter (nee Twinberrow -daughter of JF) and hunted by her husband, Sir d'Arcy Waechter, until 1956 when Lady Waechter also hunted hounds as well as being Master until 1987 when hounds were largely dispersed.
In 1987 a committee was formed to hunt the country, and with a few couple of hounds remaining from Lady Waechter and draft hounds from other supportive packs, have continued to hunt the country to this day.